Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bird Lady

Last Friday, I went out to my car and I heard squawking..looked down and saw this little bird tumbling around in the flower bed (or should I say mulch bed)...

I immediately thought he was hurt..I didn't want to touch it (afterall, when I called my mom to ask what to do she told me 6 times not to touch it). I did put some water out for him (It was HOT!)...But I went about my business, ran my errands, came back and he was STILL there! Now I was really worried!

I went inside and when I came back there were TWO little birds! What!?! This is getting weird!

So when I saw a little bit of blue on them (dull, not vibrant quite like a blue jay) I went inside and googled "baby blue jay"...well what do you know...that's exactly what it was!

Google Image of "Baby Bluejay"

And look mom, that lady is HOLDING it!!!!!

So I felt a little dumb (I mean they didn't look small enough to be babies, but looking closer at their fuzzy coat, maybe...)...but I was also relieved they were babies, and not injured...I'm no bird doctor.

So the most exciting part is Cory and I got to watch them learn to fly (which they did in 2 days!)...they still hang around the yard but now they are flying!...

The LEAST exciting part....I called Cory an old man for admiring the cardinals in the backyard, and now I am goo-goo-gaa-gaa over the blue jays in the front yard, and he calls me bird lady. KHARMA.

1 comment: