Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Long Weekend for the Lytles...

Long awesome weekend that is!!!

We decided to head west to see our friends who moved far far away...

We left Wednesday night after work, planning to drive as far as we could get without falling asleep. We stopped in Amarillo for dinner (yikes. I will try not to say TOO bad of things about this place. YIKES.)...

We urbanspooned (yes, it's a verb now) good eating places...stumbled upon "Coyote Bluff"..drove past it and Cory said ABSOLUTELY NOT. The tiny little place (smaller than our house!) was in between two scary looking car lots...no light coming from inside...a dirt parking lot....etc....


Wellllll then I proceeded to show Cory the pictures from the review. One look at that juicy hamburger and he turned around and pulled back in. HA. The parking lot WAS crowded (that must be a good sign, right?!). So we wandered in the little dive...not as scary on the inside! Felt like a smaller, equally friendly, Eischen's! We both had a cheeseburger....can you say HEAVEN?



















I then proceeded to let Cory thank me all night for making him get out of his comfort zone. hahaha....

So we drove onto Santa Rosa, New Mexico...couldn't hold our eyes open anymore...and decided to stop for the night. Wellllll when I saw the pool was still open (at midnight!!!!!!!!!) my eyes were suddenly open! I asked the front desk guy while checking in if we could swim and he said YES!....BEST. HOTEL. EVER. So we took a midnight swim and called it a night!

The next morning we drove onto Santa Fe to stop for a bit of shopping at The Jackalope. I got all sorts of goodies here (you will see some on my Thanksgiving table!)...

After FINALLY arriving in Colorado we have a DELICIOUS dinner with friends...go back home...put on a JACKET (can you believe it?!), and enjoy a fire on the deck with an awesome view of the San Juans...yup, pretty sure I could live here...

Next day we go white water rafting...WOOOOHOOOO!!!!...No pics :(
Next day we go JEEPING! When I told a girl in Colorado that, she was confused. Apparently that is the Okie term for 4-Wheeling. Whatever.



















So here are Cory and Jarrott in the jeeps...Cory is in the green one and Jarrott is in the awesome red bronco!!!!

We found all sorts of beautiful things on our trip up into the mountains (like this waterfall I wanted to put in my suitcase!!!)...Then we ate a picnic "on top of a mountain" (Insert Ron Burgundy voice.)...
And the next day we had to go home....to the hot, flat, hot, humid...uhh, did I mention HOT???
(Bree, that pic's for you. Your welcome.)

1 comment: